Every Anime Opening Ever Made

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Filament.io 0 Flares ×

Hey there fellow Ogeeku!

I’m working on a new article and all, but I figured I toss this one in as a bonus for those that haven’t seen it yet.

So a little while ago, my friend Wes (and who may end up writing something for us soon) brought a little video on youtube to my attention. It’s essentially a super mash up that is exactly what it says in the title: EVERY ANIME OPENING EVER.

It’s been around for about a year now, so it’s hardly new. But if you haven’t seen it yet, then it’s new to you! Enjoy!

For those that for some reason can’t or don’t want to watch the video though, here’s the text breakdown, though you really should just watch the damn video:

RISING SHOT TO THE SKY! PANNING SHOT THROUGH A FOREST! EYES RUSHING AT THE CAMERA!!! CHARACTERS RUNNING! CHARACTERS RUNNING! CHARACTERS RUNNING TOGETHER! CHARACTERS RUNNING IN A SWEEPING SHOT! . . . MORE RUNNING! DRAMATIC TURNS TOWARD CAMERA! PSEUDO-NAKED GIRLS! (no nipples or detail) ANGST RIDDEN LOOKS INTO THE DISTANCE! STANDING ALONE IN THE WIND! SITTING ALONE IN THE WIND. MORE STANDING ALONE IN THE WIND! GROUP POSE! DRAMATIC CLASHING OF SWORDS! OH MY GOD THE CAMERA GOT ALL S-S-S-SHAKY! CHARACTERS . . . WALKING? REVERSE JUXTAPOSITION SHOT! FLYING THROUGH THE SKY! FLYING THROUGH THE SKY -AT THE CAMERA! Crying (sob). GLOWING BALL OF LIGHT – OMIGAWD FUCKING FEATHERS! YEAH! FUCKING SNOW! FUCKING LEAVES AND SHIT! Oooh HOLDING HANDS! GRASPING! REACHING! BIRDS! BIRDS! BIRDS! MOTHER FUCKING BIRDS! BACK 2 BACK!

Yeah. That seems about right.

Thanks Derek Lieu aka KickInTheHeadComic! You just made my day! And hopefully fellow Ogeeku reader, I just passed it along to you!

Ciao for now!

9 comments

1. Posted by Charlotte Parker, at Reply
    Avatar image

oh joy! more earworms for my brain. on a serious note, my mind is full of fuck now. thanks for that adam.

2. Posted by Jon Brence, at Reply
    Avatar image

This made me so happy. SO so happy.

3. Posted by SvenTS, at Reply
    Avatar image

I love it. Back when a local university still did an anime night we joked that one could play opening credits bingo – glad to see we weren’t the only ones thinking it.

The written description is also a thing of beauty: ‘BIRDS! BIRDS! BIRDS! MOTHER FUCKING BIRDS!’

4. Posted by DukeKataron, at Reply

Very cool. And vaguely familiar. Maybe someone’s linked it to me before. Even so, still good to watch again. And the written breakdown of it all is just…That’s how things should be described. All things.

5. Posted by Jeff Gallo, at Reply

I had this big long post ready to go; but the wording never felt right, and all the examples I was trying to come up with were failing big time.

So I’ll just say that cliche is one of the things that make me hesitant to get into anime.

• Posted by DukeKataron, at Reply

Yeah, there’s always an element of cliche in anime. If the series is any good though, I think it’s worth it to get the story and the animation quality.

• Posted by SvenTS, at Reply
      Avatar image

There are plenty of cliched anime but don’t let that make you avoid anime period. There are plenty of exceptions.

It would be like avoiding all fantasy because a lot of it lifts from Tolkien.

• Posted by Jeff Gallo, at Reply

It’s not that I avoid it, just that I don’t make a concentrated effort to get really into it.

6. Posted by OkamiWaffles, at Reply

This video, just made my day. It quite literally made me laugh out loud, especially with the description underneath.

“BIRDS! BIRDS! BIRDS! MOTHER FUCKING BIRDS!”

I applaud whoever made this video, as well as whoever made that description.